Case Study: Red Stag Fulfillment
Red Stag Fulfillment is an order fulfillment company for B2B and B2C online retailers, with warehouses located in the USA. It was founded by eCommerce owners who couldn’t find a 3PL provider that would satisfy their high standards — so they created their own solution.
With a network of strategically placed fulfillment centers and warehouses, and a same-day fulfillment guarantee, RSF can deliver to most of the US within two days. They take pride in their order and inventory accuracy, order processing speed, and security.
- Shipping & fulfillment
SERVICES WE PROVIDED
- Link building
- Content audit
- Content strategy consultations
- Increase brand trust and awareness
- Improve website authority
- Increase organic traffic
When Red Stag Fulfillment approached us back in 2016, they had just started working on their online presence. The goal was to build a recognizable brand and get more traffic to their website.
They had tried several link building tactics — all with poor or mediocre results. They decided to put more emphasis on link building through guest posting, and wanted an agency that can do it right.
The foundation of the whole project was a comprehensive guest posting strategy aimed at niche-relevant blogs, magazines, and news sites. Through the years, this expanded to link insertions and content promotion via email and Quora.
From the start, the campaign was a team effort. We managed the outreach, and coordinated a bunch of amazing internal writers RSF hired to cover guest posts and content for the RSF blog.
The campaign had a slow start because their blog content (and website in general) was lacking, and they weren’t sure in which direction to go in. Once the company decided to seriously invest in content marketing and SEO, their growth was exponential.
Here is a short breakdown of the major work we did for RSF:
1. We performed a content audit and worked with the client to identify keywords, posts, and pages worth focusing on — both short-term and long-term. We outlined best practices for creating helpful content that is understandable for both readers and search engines.
2. After the strategy was set, it was time to build some links. We sent personalized pitches to blogs and magazines in the eCommerce, logistics, and supply chain industry, expanding to general business, marketing, and similar niches as the campaign went on. The client wasn’t concerned if the site was big or small, as long as it was relevant and garnered real traffic and readership.
3. We managed to get links from most of the key websites in their niche, and build long-standing relationships with their editors. Today, RSF is a regular contributor to dozens of blogs and magazines that are followed by their target audience.
4. When the volume of content they had to produce became too much for their internal team, we jumped in with our writers; they now have a continuous role in the company’s content production.
Over the years, we became an extension of their marketing team, much like they are an extension of eCommerce businesses that rely on their shipping and fullfilment services.
Through a comprehensive link building strategy, we helped RSF reach 6 figures both in terms of organic traffic and the estimated value of that traffic.
Below are the results after almost 7 years of working with Point Visible, with a few screenshots to support our claims.
1. Monthly organic traffic increased from under 1000 to over 150,000.
This was helped by the fact that RSF now ranks in the top 3 results on Google for over 1,500 keywords. This is a testament to all of the links we have built, but also to their continuous effort to publish excellent content on their blog.
2. They’re ranking in the top spot for many keywords with commercial intent like “3pl provider”, “3pl warehousing”, “3pl fulfillment”, and “shipping for heavy items”. Ahrefs estimates their monthly organic traffic value at $211,000.
Red Stag Fulfillment has been steadily increasing their budget with us for more than 6 years. We will let that fact speak for itself.
Monthly organic traffic growth:
From under 1K to over 150K
With links from:
TrustedShops.com (DA 82)
Envato.com (DA 86)
Thomasnet.com (DA 75)
Freightwaves.com (DA 69)
UniversalCargo.com (DA 43)